The Verified Complaint accuses the Bank of China for providing material support to two designated terrorist groups, Hamas, and Palestinian Islamic Jihad. It tracks Hamas funding, as it took a circuitous path around the world, ending up in the hands of Hamas operatives.
(1) Hamas funding sources in Iran and Syria.
(2) Bank of China accounts in Guanzhou, controlled by Said Al-Shurafa, a senor Hamas & PIJ leader.
(3) Bank of China, New York Branch, accounts, also controlled by Al-Shurafa.
(4) Hamas operatives in Israel, the West Bank, and Gaza.
The case is a wrongful death action, which charges the Bank of China with negligence, negligence per se*, and breach of Statutory Duty (Israeli law regarding funding terrorism, and reporting requirements).
The style of the case is Jacob Rot et al vs. Bank of China et al,* New York State Supreme Court, Index No.: 157476/2012.
* An act that is considered negligent because it violates a statute or regulation.
**Read the complete text of the Verified Complaint here.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.