|Marco Delgado Esq.|
(1) Delgado was a prominent El Paso attorney, with important connections in the Mexican political structure. Why would he cross the line, and jeopardize his lucrative law practice ?
(2) Caught red-handed laundering drug proceeds, he became a confidential informant for law enforcement, but continued in a life of crime, apparently right under the nose of his handlers.
(3) Why was he kept in a long string as an informant, which allowed him to engage in a multi-millon dollar diversion of capital, from a Mexican public works project ?
(4) Was he also tasked with obtaining information about Mexican internal politics ?
(5) Was this really a selective prosecution, meaning that he was charged, while others similarly situated were not ?
(6) Why did he stubbornly resist entering a plea, in a case that he had a very poor chance of winning at trial ?
If the Court found the appellate issues compelling enough to grant oral argument, there must be something there that caught the judges' interest.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.