|Vladimir Kokorev, with one of his Panama attorneys|
Here is what we know so far:
(1) Vladimir Kokorev, and the rest of the Kokorev family, are not wanted on money laundering charges, but on the equivalent of material witness warrants, for questioning. The Government of Spain, in a heavy-handed manner, has sought their extradition, instead of contacting them, and arranging for their testimony, as their location was well known. Causing their arrest, in a highly public manner, obviously had political implications, which we intend to explore. Remember, this matter involves real estate purchases that occurred several years ago; why are they coming up now ?
(2) The back story is far more sinister than any money laundering case. According to reliable sources, certain powerful financial interests in Spain, who had previously enjoyed taking lucrative profits from exploiting Equatorial Guinea's natural resources, want the country's current leader, President Teodoro Obiang, out of power, and replaced by a president who will cooperate with those interests, and restart the flow of cash to them.
(3) Allegations of massive corruption of the Obiang family, placed in major media outlets by the Spanish special interests, has dominated news about Equatorial Guinea recently. This appear to be the method through which those interests believe they can remove Obiang, through the airing of multiple scandals.
(4) Money laundering charges against Kokorev, claiming that he laundered money for Obiang, by purchasing real estate in Spain, provides fuel for the press, and casts Obiang in a negative light. The acquisition of Spanish realty, according to the Kokorev family, was for their own use, and absolutely not bought for the first family of Equatorial Guinea.
Gerli was formerly associated with the American fraudster, Gary James Lundgren*, who illegally acquired much of his wealth through the same type of illegal share transfers that Gerli reportedly engaged in. Attorney Gerli's lack of credibility is certainly a major issue. He is presently being sued by Kokorev in a court in the Republic of Panama.
We are just now scratching the surface of this matter; rest assured that the identities of the Spanish financial interests will appear here in subsequent articles, as well as further details of their campaign against Vladimir Kokorev, and President Teodoro Obiang.
* Panama expat, Gary James Lundgren has been labeled, in the press, the "Bill Cosby of Panama, " due to his sexual predator history, in the United States, as well as in Panama.