Richard Chichakli, Viktor Bout's partner in a number of aviation ventures, has filed a Notice of Appeal of the sentence handed down by a Federal Judge, in US District Court in Manhattan. The details of Chichakli's sentence, which was pronounced on December 4:
(1) Five years in Federal Prison.
(2) A subsequent two years of Supervised Release.
(3) Restitution in the amount of $70,000.
(4) An Order of Forfeiture/final judgment in the amount of $1,732,756.00 .
(5) A Special Assessment in the amount of $900.00.
The notice, which recites that the defendant is taking his appeal Pro Se, was filed on December 9, 2014. Chichakli's co-defendant, Viktor Bout, cannot be tried on the charges at this time, as he was extradited on other charges, in another case.